Sunday, August 31, 2008

ON THE FIELD!!!!


People, sometimes good things happen to you...sometimes hard annoying work pays off...Saterday was one of those days.

I got up early to get some work done before having to go to Crystler at 11:45 am to meet the Basketball game for a tailgate party before the game. All I was instucted was to bring kaki pants. Shoes and a short would be provided.

So I got there a little late after I sold my extra football ticket. Sure enough, everyone was there and everyone was happy to see me. I got some of the new addidas polo and some nice Michigan addias running shoes. So yes, I broke my 19 and 1/2 year running steak of not wearing running shoes...but thats besides the point.

Actually, the whole point we were there was not for a tailgate party, but was to help the team in a open gym and then keep the recruting tailgate party from being intruded on by outside people. And it sucked....we just kept people off the bowl of Cristler arena on the outside. And we watched as the families of these 11 recrutes eat and laugh and have a good time. And I had gotten up at 9 and had not eaten and it was 1:45 pm and there was a pile of amazing food a few yards away. And then some of the players invited friends to come over and eat too and it was annoying and baa. But I did my job well. I kept people out. I kept a stait face. And finally, finally at 2:28 pm, Will, the head manager, told us we could eat. I staked a huge plate full of everything that my mind had been dreaming about for the past few hours. And before I knew it, yes, at 2:30 pm, 2 minutes after I had the go ahead, Will tells us that we have to hurry up and go walk the recrutes to Michigan Stadium. So I had to cram that burger down my throwt. My good friend, Chinadue, went up to get a drink after he put own his plate when he was called, so he didnt even get to touch his mountain of food. It was very dissapointing indeed. But not all was in vain...

We walk and lead the recrutes and their family and friends into Cristler arena, around the ark, and into the inner gates of Michigan Stadium. We walk around that rim through the dense crowd to Gate 2. We enter. And we go down. And down. Further and further. Until there was no where else to go. Then we opned the gate and went further till there was the grass beneith our feet...thats right, I was now on the grass, on the field of that that famed Michigan Stadium. I was on the field. I was there at the most glorious place in the entire state of Michigan, and arguably one of the most sacred places in the World. I was there. And I smelt the smell of the turf of the perfect Michigan stadium, the largest Football stadium in the World. I was on the maize and blue lawn. I was in the temple of the College Football gods. I was there. And it was Glorious...






-------------------------------------------------------------------






-------------------------------------------------------------------




we ended up loosing the game by 2, the same margine of victory as the loss to Appalacian St. last year. But this time we had virtually no offensive line, and thus no time for the quarterback and no running game, which ment the defense was out on the feild the whole time which made them tired and yeah...we made a come back, but it was not enough to take the lead back from Utah, the team ranked 2 more points ahead of us in the AP poll. But it was all good. I was tired. But Content. And it was all good.... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats crazy you were on the filed lol