Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back in Ann Arbor and ready to go


THe secreat to how good you are going to do in the semester are two things...sleep, and food. More sleep=good. More food=good. I beleive food and sleep can someonewhat be substitutes. Cant sleep a lot? Eat a lot of food. Cant eat a lot? Well sleep a lot. Im lyin. THats a bunch of made up stuff. But, thats what I do. Weeks are long and hard, weekends, well, I try to sleep when I am not at Crisler.

We will see how the basketall team does this semester. We are comming off of a very rough non-conference paly. Without the big staple games liek Duke and UCLA of last year, we will ahve to have a very solid running in conference play to get a good bid. Big games this semester include Ohio St at home, Uconn, MIchigan State at home, and a few big ones at the end to seal the deal again like we did last year.

TO Finish off, I want to offer the tip of the week and post a video one of my most loyal fans, Laxx1550, contributed to my email to put on the blog. For those that dont know, if you have any news, bits or info that you want included int he next dpinedoblog, just email me at dpinedoblog@gmail.com. Its that easy.

So the tip of the week...I went with my bud to the hotel a few weeks ago and when we left he forgot his charger and didnt know where it was. He figured he had lost it and was kinda bummed. I told him that instead of going to buy a new phone charger he should go to a local hotel and claim that he lost his charger for so-and-so phone. Sure enough they had one for his phone in a bin with tons of other lost chargers. It's the #1 most left behind item at hotels, so most places have a big bin filled with every phone charger imaginable. I found a quote online of someone who has seen this work..."I work for the second largest conference hotel in my city. You have no idea the size box we have of chargers left behind. 90 percent are idiot blackberry chargers. This works 100% of the time, we never verify that anyone stays here we just let them go shopping for [their] charger. Hell we even will give people a charger if they call down to the front desk and say they forgot theirs!" Aparently it also works with car rentals...cause everyone must leave theirs in their rented cars. THe moral of the story, truth be told, there are enough phone chargers int he world to cover every man and cow, so instead of going to T-Mobile and spending another 20 bucks, just go to your local hotel or car rental store and let them know that you lost yours there...bingo.

And now from our beloved listener Laxx1550...

No comments: